Effective employer branding helps your company stay competitive, as well as attract and retain the best talent. Always top priorities, these considerations have taken on even stronger meaning during the unprecedented – many would say cataclysmic – year that has been 2020.
Employer branding is no longer just a marketing buzzword; it’s an essential business strategy.
Effective branding enhances your company culture.
A strong brand makes your employees feel proud to be part of your organization. For both current team members and job candidates, the positive culture typically associated with a solid brand is a leading draw.
- A study by international brand specialists Link Humans shows that a strong brand can lead to 50 percent more qualified applicants. Candidates will search potential employers to get an idea of their expectations and whether they would fit in before considering applying.
- Research also shows that close to 80 percent of candidates are likely to use social media in their job search. So, build your brand on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms where desired talent congregates.
You save money by building your brand.
If your brand is well received, you don’t have to spend as much on recruitment or marketing – because good talent will find you on their own.
- According to a study conducted by LinkedIn, companies with stronger brands than their competitors, on average, see a 43 percent decline in their cost per hire.
- Your current employees become your brand ambassadors. As a result, hires through their referral increase. Good word of mouth remains a highly powerful marketing tactic, and it doesn’t have to cost a dime – though bonuses for successful employee referrals are well worth the expense.
- There’s a positive domino effect. When brand awareness grows, so do your sales. Plus, employees are more engaged and productive, and financial stability is improved. Current team members feel more secure in their jobs, and your organization is even more attractive to potential new hires.
As you build your employer brand and the winning workforce that goes with it, consider partnering with PrideStaff Fresno. We can help with branding and other talent strategies, and customized staffing in areas including administration, customer service, IT, accounting and finance, and legal support. Contact us today to learn more.