In today’s competitive market, finding candidates who are the right match for your open jobs – and converting them into applicants – has never been more challenging. Be sure to take a strategic approach as you seek to engage desired talent, streamline your hiring process, and successfully target and interview the right professionals for every position.
Create a positive culture.
If your company culture is positive, word will quickly spread. Cultural matches are critical for engaging new prospects, as well as retaining high performers you already have on staff. Be sure there’s a company-wide commitment to building and maintaining your winning culture, as well as quickly addressing any related issues that crop up. Ensure that your workplace is friendly, diverse and welcoming – and always keep this priority on your business radar screen.
Develop effective job descriptions.
Your job description is often a candidate’s first introduction to your company, so make sure it’s not their last.
- In addition to clearly listing the roles, responsibilities and qualifications of a position, your JDs should paint a picture of what it’s like to work for your organization day to day. Also, make sure to weave in any unique benefits you offer. What makes your company special, and how could someone grow and thrive as part of your team?
Know your best talent sources.
In addition to your career site, target several other talent sources when you embark on a candidate search.
- The key word here is “target.” Don’t just pour time and money into the most popular job boards and online platforms – though those can certainly be fruitful – but find out where desired candidates hang out and get your openings in front of them there.
- Utilize your current employees’ networks. They can often help you reach untapped talent and improve response rates from candidates they know. And when you find a qualified prospect, arrange a warm introduction from a current team member, rather than just a standard HR message, to further raise your chances of engaging them early on.
Consider your process.
Take a critical look at your application and hiring process from start to finish. Eliminate any bottlenecks so it’s quick, efficient and user friendly.
- When you have a candidate you’re extremely interested in, you may want to further increase efficiency by having them meet several team members at the same time or checking their references while scheduling their second interview.
- Professional recruitment software can be helpful in tracking candidates and comparing interviewer feedback, so you can evaluate people more quickly. There are numerous options available.
- Keep people informed of where they are in your hiring process, what the next step will be, and when it will occur.
- Be ready to make an offer to your ideal candidate. They may already have other offers or be interviewing elsewhere.
To help you win the talent war, the hiring experts at Pridestaff have the resources, contacts and knowledge you need, every step of the way. We offer a proven track record for sourcing and hiring in areas including production, manufacturing, clerical, administration, accounting and finance, customer service, IT, legal support and healthcare. Reach out to us today to learn more.